Disclaimer

All posts are of my personal opinion. I do not edit myself or sugar coat things. If you are easily offended this blog might not be for you.

Much love,
Sole`

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Something to think about while considering Universal Health Care

I just watched Sicko for the 3rd time. I am so saddened and sickened by the fact that so many of our Congressmen, Senators, and fellow Americans are against Universal Healthcare

My mother just recently had a stroke at work but refused to let her boss take her to the doctor. An hour later she drove herself home. Two hours later she finally told my why she really came home and cried because she was scared of what had happened, but more afraid of the medical bill she would receive if I took her to the Emergency Room. I finally convinced her to go, but she wouldn't let me take her to the local hospital because they have a policy that if you do not pay off all balances within 30 days they send you to a collection agency. I took her to a hospital 45 minutes away not knowing if she would have a stroke and die on the way.

It is now a month later. We got the bill in and we owe thousands of dollars.

Oh and we have insurance. Thanks for picking up that 20%. It really helped.

For more information about Universal Health Care Facts listed in Michael's film please visit:
http://www.michaelmoore.com/sicko/checkup/

No comments: