Disclaimer

All posts are of my personal opinion. I do not edit myself or sugar coat things. If you are easily offended this blog might not be for you.

Much love,
Sole`

Saturday, November 14, 2009

The best most TENDER FALL APART DEER ROAST EVA!!!!!!!

Ok.  My uncle shot a deer over a year ago and gave me a shoulder roast.  It has been in the freezer for that long because I had no idea how to cook it.  I was skeptical about some of the recipies I saw.  Wild game tends to be really tough meat and if it is not cooked perfectly you get wet jerky.  I hope this helps.  I loved it, might go eat the leftovers here in a min....

You Will Need:

  1. Roast - size depends on how many servings you want
  2. Carrots - baby is best
  3. Onions
  4. Raddishes
  5. Potatoes
  6. Rice
  7. White Wine - cheap tart kind - no specific brand
  8. A lg pot with a cover to seal in moisture
  9. Garlic
  10. Tony Chaceries (not spelled right but you know what I mean)
  11. Other spices to taste
Steps:
  1.  Preheat oven to 200 Deg F
  2. Cut up onion into slices, sm raddishes in half, and potatoes in cubes
  3. Stab roast with lg knife and shove sm pieces of garlic in holes.  Do this on both sides
  4. Put roast in pot, veggies on top, then pour white wine over everything.  Pour it til it has at least an inch of liquid all around the roast.  Adding more will make more gravy so don't be shy.
  5. Sprinkle spices on top.
  6. Place in the oven for at least 4 hours b4 checking it.  If you start to get really hungry after that amount of time you can crank it up to 450 to finish it quicker, but if you let it cook at 200 for 8 or so hours it will be as soft as butter.
  7. Keep cooking until it twirls off with a fork and no bloody core.
  8. Cook rice (I'm not explaining that lol)
  9. Enjoy

No comments: