Disclaimer

All posts are of my personal opinion. I do not edit myself or sugar coat things. If you are easily offended this blog might not be for you.

Much love,
Sole`

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Movie Review #2 Paranormal Activity

I didn't get to see this in theatres because all my movie friends are too chicken, but it came out today and I got it in from Netflix.  For the 1st 20 minutes or so I was bored.  Not much was going on, but when the shit hit the fan I was completely engrossed.

If you have not heard of this movie at all I will give a brief synopsis.  Katie and her boyfriend Micah move into a track house and she starts to sense a personal demon has come back for her.  When she was a child she and her sister would see a figure at the end of her bed watching her.  When she was 8 her house burned down and no one could figure out what caused it.  Everything in the house perished (or so they thought).  Now at 23 Katie senses the demon is back.  Micah is skeptical to say the least so he sets up a camera to really see what is causing Katie's restless nights.  What they see and hear on the video is shocking.

As someone who has experienced "paranormal" activity myself I could completely sympathize with Katie.  When "something" was discovered in the attic I was so scared.  (I don't want to give it away.)

If you like a good ghost story go for it.  It was really scary and after you get through the boring beginning you will be on the edge of your seat.


No comments: